Sunday, July 31, 2011

365 {7.31.11}

I LOVE watermelon!! It is my favorite fruit! Last year I read a blog post on how to cut up a whole watermelon quick and easily~I was all over that!! Cause the way I used to do it took forever and made a mess. So I figured since I had this bad boy on my counter ready to cut up for the week...I would use it as my 365 photo.

I start out by cutting the ends off the watermelon, then cut it in half.

july 31 rs1

Then using a sharp knife, cut along the outside, getting all the rind off (I put a plastic grocery bag in the sink to keep the rind in, then just throw it out).

Then cut strips.

july 31 rs 2

Then bite size pieces (we have big mouths here, LOL!!).

july 31 rs 3

It takes me about 10 min from start to finish!!
Finished product...Big bowl for the week, snack for our lunches tomorrow, and of course what I couldn't fit in the bowls is a little snack for me *wink*

july 31 rs 4

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on cutting watermelon, Gretchen. I think I have been cutting it all wrong my entire life (well as long as I have been using a knife :).

    **June K.**

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Gretchen. I bought a watermelon today and tried your method of cutting. Worked like a charm. When my hubby saw me starting on the cutting he was going to help me. He got a different knife and said "why don't you do it this way?" I said "NO, I want to try it the way I saw on the internet. LOL.

    **June K.**

    ReplyDelete